Sunday, 8 September 2013

Repeater update: lots of machines down

As I've been going over the programming on my radios, I've found something strange with the HandiHam network.

The Bloomington repeater (444.325) by the MSP Airport is no longer working.(SE)

The Maple Lake repeater (145.47) is no longer working. (NW)

The Chaska repeater (443.000) is no longer working. (SW)

This is a dramatic scaling back of the local infrastructure on the edges of the metro area.

For UHF, there's now only the 444.650 repeater in the metro, and that's more towards the East. For VHF, there's only the 145.450 cross-band to the UHF. I don't know first-hand about the 223.94, but it isn't listed as on-the-air in RepeaterBook. There are other repeaters outside of the metro, or at least that's what's on the HandiHam website. But all of the other non-functioning repeaters are still listed on the site, too. So who really knows?

Also, the 10 meter FM repeater for HandiHam has been in "Testing" for months, and is not operational.

On another, somewhat related, note the only 6 meter FM repeater in the metro area is no longer working. I never heard anyone on it, but it's gone now.

UPDATE: see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment