Al Samson (KD0KJI) is one of the founders of Aerials In The Park, and a regular on the 444.425 repeater. I'm passing along a brief statement from him about AITP, local QRM, and some incidents of abusive behaviour on the .425 recently.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, friends. This is KD0KJI.
I am not doing too well health wise; maybe too much fun in the sun at Oshkosh last week. I have been slowly falling behind due to old age; just cannot keep up. My spirits are up, and I will be at Aerials Saturday to do what I can. I will bring my canopy easy up to make sure of shade. All through the park is abundant oak trees and a real good pavilion. Now, on to other things.
You may have noticed spark noise on the radio lately. I suspect that it is precipitation static caused by atoms getting out of balance and free flying about until they match electrons and protons.
You may have noticed interference on the 444.425 lately. Be fore-warned that I will not tolerate this kind of behavior, and will direction find you and eradicate you. Let's act like civilized hams.
Also, I will have my KX 3 with amp and some interesting Aerials. Did you notice how much I like Aerials better than antenna? 73 from me. ROCK ON - Life is Good.
More on precipitation static.
No comments:
Post a Comment