Sunday, 26 January 2014

W0YC APRS?

Tony Collen, N0RUA, writes me via email:

Hey Matt - hope this email finds you OK...

I heard you and Todd talking on the .425 last night and didn't want to interrupt your conversation ;)
 
I assume you're "in charge" of the W0YC APRS station? I was poking around with some SDR software last night and noticed that it looked like the W0YC APRS transmitter is low by about 3.19khz. Not sure if you care, but it looked like it was off a bit compared to the other stations transmitting.. maybe time for a calibration?

I also wanted to just say "hi", and I think we actually both worked at Code42 briefly back in late 2011, but never actually crossed paths. I'll try to hop on the 425 a bit more and not be as much of a stranger ;)


- Tony, N0RUA

Awe, Tony, you're wonderful for dropping me an email. Thanks for that.

My email reply to Tony and Ben, K0BEN:

Hey Tony!

Break in any time. That's really bad - 3.19khz is pretty off frequency! Yikes!

Ben Franske, K0BEN, is the primary admin of the APRS node. That said, he's employed full time right now, and I am not, so I will have a looksie at the station. 

Ben - perhaps it's time to replace that ham radio transceiver with a motorola one? I can get a VHF unit setup here and driven up there... this week?


-matt

No comments:

Post a Comment