Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Another unlisted repeater

Last night, when I was looking up the details of the Burnsville .300 repeater for my last post, I discovered that the repeater wasn't listed in RepeaterBook. Actually, it was listed, but listed as "off -air". I hit it last night from Camden, so I know it's on the air. I submitted an update.

RepeaterBook is a great smartphone app (and online tool) that tells you which repeaters are close to your location, and how to connect to them. If you operate a repeater, you should keep RB's data updated.

So, add this repeater to your radio if you are south of central Minneapolis and east of downtown: 444.300+, 114.8 -- W0BU, Burnsville. This repeater is operated by the Twin City Repeater Club, which I donate to monthly to support their VHF machine (147.210+, 100.0). TCRC loves Burnsville, but that kind of leaves out the NW suburbs where I live, unless you use remote receive sites as the VHF machine does.

No comments:

Post a Comment