Bummer. It sounded like the last time we talked that you were getting a bit burned out, so enjoy the self-imposed time away from the amateur radio madness. It's a constant drama that every once in awhile I too need to step out and get a breath of fresh air.
Actually, the last time that we talked, I had a lot of fun. Until, of course, my serial harasser barged in to defend everyone from the fun.
Talking on the radio is great; I really enjoy it. Unfortunately, it comes wrapped with bundles of bullshit that hams have invented out of whole cloth to prop up their delusions and egos. It's like going to a baseball game and somebody telling you that everyone needs to dump a pail of rotten fish over themselves before they can go into the ballpark. There's nothing about baseball that inherently includes rotten fish, and there's nothing about ham radio that inherently includes all of the bullshit that been attached to it.
I'll probably end up withdrawing from the local analogue scene and all of the attendant posturing and ego-maintenance that goes along with it.
Todd; I would hate to see you leave the analog part of ham radio as I've totally enjoyed the things you've brought to the radio table. Those being: 1) This blog to create conversation and to give out information regarding the current happenings of amateur radio. 2) The On-The-Air chats we've all had when a group of us find each other on a local analog repeater frequency.
We made not agree on everything and that's fine, because that's real world. However, you have lit a spark of interest in ham radio once again for me and I'm sure many others here. It would be a real shame not to have you out their chatting and welcoming people to the hobby of Amateur Radio.
P.S. I enjoy reading this Blog and appreciate all the hard work and time that goes into producing it.
5 comments:
Todd,
Bummer. It sounded like the last time we talked that you were getting a bit burned out, so enjoy the self-imposed time away from the amateur radio madness. It's a constant drama that every once in awhile I too need to step out and get a breath of fresh air.
-matt
Actually, the last time that we talked, I had a lot of fun. Until, of course, my serial harasser barged in to defend everyone from the fun.
Talking on the radio is great; I really enjoy it. Unfortunately, it comes wrapped with bundles of bullshit that hams have invented out of whole cloth to prop up their delusions and egos. It's like going to a baseball game and somebody telling you that everyone needs to dump a pail of rotten fish over themselves before they can go into the ballpark. There's nothing about baseball that inherently includes rotten fish, and there's nothing about ham radio that inherently includes all of the bullshit that been attached to it.
I'll probably end up withdrawing from the local analogue scene and all of the attendant posturing and ego-maintenance that goes along with it.
Todd; I would hate to see you leave the analog part of ham radio as I've totally enjoyed the things you've brought to the radio table. Those being:
1) This blog to create conversation and to give out information regarding the current happenings of amateur radio.
2) The On-The-Air chats we've all had when a group of us find each other on a local analog repeater frequency.
We made not agree on everything and that's fine, because that's real world. However, you have lit a spark of interest in ham radio once again for me and I'm sure many others here. It would be a real shame not to have you out their chatting and welcoming people to the hobby of Amateur Radio.
P.S. I enjoy reading this Blog and appreciate all the hard work and time that goes into producing it.
Dan McNulty - W0EIB
Post a Comment