I guess that I now need to delete this post, too. Not sure how Big Experts on Reddit can "read" a Desperate Cry for Help in this post, but that's why they are so 'smart', I guess. If it continues past this month, I'll take it down. Can't have nothin' nice...
- KE0NA (Dave) has got The Aggrandizer set up with a receive antenna. I'm able to "ker-chunk" it, but not really get in with 40W into a three-element Yagi from Plymouth. It's a start, and the best part is that the repeater isn't de-sensing as so many expected. If you have a 220 MHz rig, try it out on 224.240- (100.0 PL).
"After making audio mods to the IDOM-IV controller and wiring and heat sink changes to the repeater, the 224.240 repeater is back on the air. It is running full power at my house in NE Minneapolis. The TX antenna is not as high as it was before, now only 15 feet, but I connected an external RX antenna, which is a VHF/UHF discone at 25 feet (on my roof). There is about 60 feet of horizontal separation between the two antennas."
- KC0VRV (Matt) has written up a really nice "how-to" article about setting up a receive-only APRS gateway. Using an analogue scanner and a discarded laptop, he's set up a simple gateway to fill in the gaps in the local coverage. He's generously agreed to share his secrets, so look for his article in the next few days. Spoiler: it's not that hard, folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment