The UHF MARA .800 repeater has been down for the past three days. I updated RepeaterBook, but hopefully it will back up by the time the listing is updated online. The .800 is one of the power-house UHF repeaters in town, and I miss it when it's down.
The 443.050 UHF repeater in Hugo is getting a tower this weekend. Previously, it's been using an antenna on N0SBU's (George) roof. N0GOI (Terry) has estimated a coverage radius of 25 miles with the 40 foot tower and 8-foot mast. That would just about be able to reach here in Plymouth, though it would leave out most of the metro. Terry also has plans to put a remote receive site for the VHF .170 machine on the new Hugo tower, which would extend the .170's reach into the northern metro suburbs.
The 444.525 repeater is now analogue/C4FM! K9EQ (Chris) was testing an HT this weekend, and it sounded pretty good on 18.8Kb, though with a fair amount of echo.
The LSAC .325 repeater is still down, and I've been unable to find anything out about it. I've heard that it's still operating at reduced power. I've heard that it's now a remote receive site. I've also heard that it's completely down. I'll try contacting the trustee again.
It's not really ham radio, but the GMRS 462.650 (141.3 PL) repeater has been back up for a few weeks now. I can reach it from Plymouth, though there's not much activity.
1 comment:
the loss of the .325 LSAC machine really sucks. There have been a few times already this summer I would have used it to talk to friends going north from here at home.
Post a Comment