Sunday, 11 May 2014

AITP: see you next month!

  I had a nice chat with K0LAV (Paul) this evening, which I always enjoy. Paul knows an order of magnitude more than I do about RF - not to mention the history of the local amateur radio community - and he never makes me feel like an idiot when I ask him to explain things to me. Our talk was somewhat brief, because I was returning from grocery shopping, but here are a few of the highlights:
  •  Paul is going to bring a communications trailer to the the next AITP event, which includes a 60-foot tower and a whole lot of other equipment. 
  •  He was at the AITP this last weekend, but I missed him because I wasn't at the Pavilion.
  •  The MARA .800 was down for a few days last week. The problem was "RF whiskers" in the front end of the repeater. Yeah...whiskers. Really. Weird stuff. 
  •  Paul might be writing a post about ten and six metre FM here in the future. 
Hopefully, I'll have some time to write about my experience at AITP this week. It was really great to finally meet KD0UIH (Chuck), as well as the other dudes that hung out at the gate with KD0KJI (Al) and I. Next time I'll have my antennae in better working order and have some guy lines for the tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment