Sunday, 9 February 2014

repeater updates and leftovers 2/9

This is just a few bits and pieces that didn't fit into the other posts that I wrote today.

  • N0YNT-L hasn't been linking the 223.940 to the HandiHam network for a few days now. There was some trouble earlier in the week with the link produced "tail-chasing", but that was supposedly solved. No word from N0YNT (Matt) on whether or not this will come back.
  • The Rogers 442.950+ (PL 114.8) was down for at least twelve hours this weekend, but is up now. I've still not heard anyone on this repeater yet, though it reaches into Minneapolis proper. 
  • I was finally able to reach N0YNT's 'new' UHF repeater 443.000+ (PL 118.8) from my mobile. This evening it came back with an S9 at a range of 13.2 miles. 
  • The HandiHam network had severe technical difficulties Saturday, prompting a cancellation of the evening net. As of 7:20 PM on Sunday, no evening net has materialised. The VHF .450 seems to be working for normal use, so perhaps it's one of the linked machines or the RF link itself. 
  • I was able to "ker-chunk" the Maplewood 442.600+ (PL 156.7) machine tonight from central Plymouth: S9 at a range of 25 miles. No one is ever on the repeater, so I don't know what to make of that in terms of a potential QSO, but it reaches across the metro quite well. It should easily be able to reach from Lake Minnetonka to River Falls, WI. The mysterious individuals behind it should consider implementing IRLP.
 Well, that's all that I've got today. I only hope that it was enough.

UPDATE: The New Brighton 145.290 repeater came back on the air late Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment