Per W1SBD (Sam), there could be a new FM repeater on 224.400 in a few months. It would be located right near the border of Plymouth and Maple Grove. No word on tower height or power. This would be the only 220 MHz repeater in MN on the western side of the Mississippi.
I'm excited about this because it's so close to me. This would bring the total number of repeaters on the band to five in the metro, plus the semi-functional Columbia Heights machine.
In the QSO with W1SBD, I also found that my TYT UVF9 1.25M/440 HT wasn't programmed correctly. I edited the frequencies and channel names and found that I could hit the Burnsville machine with the "rubber duck" from inside of my condo, and Sam gave me a favourable signal and audio report. If I can work a repeater 20 miles away with a simple UVF9 HT, anyone in town could do better with a simple ground-plane or exterior whip.
No comments:
Post a Comment